Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Fourth Day of January

By my reckoning, it's around about now that most people are starting to fail, or at least falter, on their New Year's Resolutions.

A Facebook friend, a few days ago, wrote that she was trying to decide what to give up. I wondered why she wanted to give anything up, why she didn't resolve to do something positive instead. It's easier to do something than to not do something.

Instead of giving up chocolate, why not resolve to eat a piece of fruit or some raw carrot before you have the chocolate? Chances are, by the time you've chomped through a carrot or banana, you won't want the chocolate, or if you do you'll be so full up you won't eat as much.



Eat all this before you eat chocolate!!

Instead of giving up alcohol, why not resolve to have a soft drink in between the alcoholic ones? Immediately you'll halve your intake, but you won't feel left out.

Now I've got you started, try to put a positive twist on your resolutions and see what you come up with. Please share them here, I'd love to read them



4 comments:

  1. After having chocolate over xmas I am finding it hard to not have, but on a positive side I don't have it in the house any more!!!
    So have to find other healthy things to eat and eat most things raw...(If I can)

    ReplyDelete
  2. greeeat post amazing blog =) follow

    ReplyDelete