Wednesday 27 February 2013

Working those inner thighs!

The word is ouch.

My inner thighs are burning, and all because I used a balance board yesterday.

I used it ages ago and felt the burn in my stomach muscles - the kind of pain where you can't even sneeze without holding your sides and groaning.

Well, remembering that, I thought I'd add it to my workout on Tuesday evening. I'd already done some squats, so it seemed like a good way to finished off my abs (because, yes, your abs get a good workout when you squat).

I spent about five minutes on the board, because my balance is very bad. By the end, I'd kind of got it. Then I stopped, cooled down and went home.

This morning I waited for the pain in my abs, but it didn't appear. I spent all day walking around and waiting for the moment. And yet, no pain. Until just a moment ago, when I stood and realised my inner thighs were screaming with pain.

So there you have it - forget those silly adductor and abductor machines and simply stand on a balance board.

And that's my top tip for today. Lunges are also good for the inner thighs, as well as doing a good 20-30 minutes of high intensity intervals to burn the calories. Surgery is unnecessary!

9 comments:

  1. I've never tried a balance board. Like you, my balance sucks. Now I want to try one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balance is something that can be trained, so it's worth trying it. Although, for balance, you can just stand on one leg - hard to start with!

      Delete
  2. I've never seen it before, either, but I'm intrigued. About how much would one of these run me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.amazon.co.uk/66Fit-Wobble-Board-DVD-Surface/dp/B000W0AXG4/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

      This one is slightly different because it's just a circle underneath, so instead of going side to side, you can go in all directions - it's harder! But thinking about it, when I tried before and worked my abs it was probably more this style that I was using. (Good thing about this is it's got a DVD with it!)

      Delete
  3. My balance is horrible! I'd probably hurt myself. But I like a challenge!!

    Hugs!

    Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came over from the A to Z challenge. I can always use more info on excercise, so I'm excited to read your posts in April :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, actually, I've pulled out of the A-Z due to being deep in the middle of a novel 1st draft. I did ask to be taken off the list. There will be good advice going up here (it's a neglected blog most of the time) but not for the A-Z :-(

      Delete
  5. Ohh and a balance board is almost like a game you can play while watching TV- much more fun than regular exercise :)

    (Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge)

    ReplyDelete